Monday, July 5, 2010

THE BEAUTIFUL WARNING


You did warn me, many lifetimes ago, how I had to be strong and wide enough to contain everything.


Now joy spills out, so vast, it tears at the skin and bursts through this little form, wrapping itself in and around the wide world.


And pain too. I know every sorrow as my own.


Each crevice and fold of it, presses into tissue and bone.


When I believed myself separate from you many, many moons ago, you whispered:
''Are you strong enough to contain everything?''


Now I Am looking through your eyes and you are looking through mine.


I know your secrets.


I know you soothe pain, and you whip joy into wild, ecstatic delight, making it so complete there is no room for anything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When You Pour Your Tea

When you pour your tea,     There are a thousand eyes, Watching the moon, Praying for answers. Invite those eyes, To sit awhile...