Friday, July 8, 2011

DREAMING OF INDIA

Early one morning a couple of years ago, I had a lucid dream of being in India. Startled by the power and beauty of being there once more, I am immediately at home. The fragrance of pungent incense is suspended in the heavy, moist air, mixed with the unforgettable smell of rich earth. I find myself walking through a small village, between simple dwellings, held together with clay baked walls and dry grass roofs. Heat presses in, holding me still, centered in every movement.

Looking down, I see bare, brown feet, stepping out from under my long, orange robe. Villagers passing by, bring their hands together in silent greeting and bow. I greet them with the same pranam, bowing to the light before continuing on to follow a narrow path, gracefully formed beneath a canopy of trees.

It used to be, in these dreams of mine, I would be looking for the Enlightened Ones who inspire and light my way. Now, I realize searching is over. We are looking through the same eyes.

Early that morning, in my dream of India, I realize I am gazing through the compassionate eyes of Father Bede Griffiths, an extraordinary mystic who I had heard little of before. On waking, I rise with the intention of reading about his life and discovering what He wanted to teach me. He who was dreaming new insights into my world and I into His.

A few days later, I happily came across the following video and watching in awe, Father Bede Griffiths walks along the same path I had walked in my dream, proving that in essence, whether we know it or not, we are the same One.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8980319065355588161

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is so powerful! What a blessed dream!

    ReplyDelete