Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SEEING MYSELF

A beautiful blue-gray heron is a daily visitor. Standing on sticky legs by the side of the pool, she draws her attention inward and holds her pose for several long minutes, like a yogi balanced in standing posture. Sometimes she gazes at her reflection, tap-tapping her beak in the water.

Her stillness soothes me, drawing me to the same silent space. I become lost in her. Watching, I am unable to say where she ends and I begin. I can feel her long, soft feathers, wide eyes and large claw feet, wrapping around the pool's edge, holding steady.

She and I are the same, lost in the silence as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When You Pour Your Tea

When you pour your tea,     There are a thousand eyes, Watching the moon, Praying for answers. Invite those eyes, To sit awhile...